At Star Brows Berins Blue Hard Wax is used. It is superior to other waxes because, unlike soft wax, hard wax does not stick to the skin, which makes it less irritating. It is used for the face, underarms, bikini and Brazilian. Pre-Wax Pointers
1.Your appointment shouldn't be any closer than at least 3 days before or after your cycle to minimize discomfort.
2. Don’t use any lotions before waxing; it may cause the wax not to adhere.
3. You need 1/8" hair growth for the wax to hold onto, no more - no less. Trimming is recommended if needed - but not required.
4. You may want to take your favorite pain reliever/anti- inflammatory 30- 45 minutes before your appointment. No alcohol should be consumed before a waxing procedure.
5. You should not be waxed if you have extremely reactive and sensitive skin, (herpes, genital warts, or an STD for bikini area) or any other skin condition or contagious disease.
6. Be sure to be prepared to give full disclosure concerning medications and products that may thin the skin.